Citrine Angels Seeks Operational Coordinator
Citrine Angels is a growing, dynamic nonprofit organization dedicated to helping increase the number of high growth startup companies founded by women who obtain early-stage funding. Citrine accomplishes this mission by gathering and teaching women to be angel investors, and then presenting companies to the group for funding.
Over the past 4 years, since inception, Citrine Angels has invested more a million dollars in nearly 20 companies, who have gone on to raise over $400M.
Citrine Angels is seeking a part-time operational coordinator to support nonprofit operations and help us advance our mission to increase the number of women investing in women. Applications are currently being accepted here.
The role of Operations Coordinator will work alongside the Director of Citrine Angels supporting operations. Tasks may include, but are not limited to,:
- Preparing for and supporting membership events, including pitch meetings, education events, and office hours. Tasks include: confirming meeting dates, securing and confirming meeting locations/ Zoom, sending member invitations and tracking meeting registration, and sending event reminders and relevant materials to membership; staffing and prep, if local
- Promoting Citrine Angels membership and events on our social media platforms and website
- Maintaining relationship with outside parties (investors, universities, portfolio companies, etc)
- Basic website maintenance
- Managing Citrine Angels correspondence, including monitoring two inboxes regularly
- Handling membership registration, onboarding, troubleshooting and reporting, including management of new members and member renewals through account platform.
- Project management of Citrine programs, including fellowship recruitment and member investment process
- Supporting committees, including membership, advancement and deal flow
- Maintaining and storing records and supplies
The operations coordinator will report to the Director of Citrine Angels.
Most work can be done remotely and with a flexible schedule, although timely responses to emails are required. Expected time commitment will average about 10-20 hours/week, including staffing virtual pitch meetings (6-8 each year, held Tuesday eventings), committee meetings (held 1-2x a week, typically between the hours of 5:00-7:00 p.m.) and in person membership events in the DC area (negotiable, based on location). A minimum commitment of 1 year is expected.
A qualified candidate will have:
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, including understanding different styles for audiences and channels
- Ability to communicate and liaise effectively with colleagues and work well within a decentralized team environment
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and responsibilities efficiently and effectively with an acute attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to independently manage a multi-faceted workload and meet strict deadlines
- Flexibility, accountability and a strong commitment to honesty in all dealings
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to identify areas to improve processes and systems for efficiency
- Prior experience promoting events, updating websites via content management tools (no coding needed), and handling communications
- Preferably, experience with angel investing, memberships, and nonprofit management
- Proficiency and experience working with in G-Suite (Mail, Drive, Calendar) and Zoom (setup and management)
- Proficiency or a willingness to learn member management system (some training provided)
- Passion for helping women entrepreneurs and desire to educate women investors
- A flexible schedule
If you are interested in being considered, please apply here.
Don’t meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Citrine, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
Citrine Angels is a membership organization 501(c)(6) providing early-stage investment opportunities and education to female investors in the Washington DC Metro area. We support the growth and success of female-founded businesses in the Washington DC metro area and increase access to investment opportunities for women. Citrine Angels provides a structure and process to assist accredited investors make early-stage investments in female-founded companies and provide investor education to our members.